The Perry County Sheriff’s Office is made up of three divisions: The Sheriff’s Office, Investigations, and Corrections. The Sheriff is the head of all divisions with his Chief Deputy second in command and the immediate supervisor in the investigation division. Within the jail division there is a Jail Major (Warden) that takes on the duty of over-seeing the immediate needs of the jail.
The mission of the Perry County Sheriff’s Office is to provide the highest level of law enforcement possible by:
- Preserving and protecting life, property and the right of all citizens to live in peace;
- Enforcing the laws of the State of Illinois and the County of Perry in a fair and impartial manner;
- Listening to and acting upon the needs of our citizens and the communities they live in;
- Operating in a proactive manner so as to prevent criminal activity before it occurs;
- Supporting a positive and innovative working environment for all of our members; and
- Maintaining only the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and efficiency. This mission can only be achieved by adhering to the following values of respect, compassion, integrity, efficiency, and through leadership.